Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumpkins and More Pumpkins











This week we've been decorating the three pumpkins that we picked up at the pumpkin patch. The two that Neil and I got were a decent enough size to carve. We used our handy dandy pumpkin carving kit that we picked up at Target last year to make two fun faces in our pumpkins. Margie Grace's pumpkin was a good bit smaller so I decided to let her paint her's. I figured this would be more fun -- and a lot safer -- for her (you know, her knife skills aren't up to par yet!). She really got into it and enjoyed decorating the pumpkin. She was a little bit finicky, though, about the paint getting on her hands. She'd say "nasty, mommy!" and demand that I wipe any wayward paint from her hands and the brush handle immediately. Here are some pictures from all that pumpkin decorating!

2 comments:

Bebe said...

She just makes me smile!!!!

Bebe

Julie said...

Looks like lots of fun around the Wilder house. Hope to see you soon.