Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day












We officially started a new school year today! Margie Grace enjoyed her first day in her three-year-old preschool class. She has always been so enthusiastic about school and this year was no exception. She walked right in to her classroom, hung up her backpack and immediately started playing. She was so busy that I had to beg her for a kiss goodbye before heading out the door! Once school was over, I asked her how everything went and her reply was "Awesome!" Comforting to get such a good report! I was a little worried that she might be clingy or hesitant because there is only one friend from our class last year in this year's class but she told me that she is really excited about making all new friends! Hope she maintains that confidence and positive attitude. Hope you enjoy these first-day-of-school pictures.
(I struggled this year coming up with a first day outfit since I had done crayons last year. This year we just went with fall colors instead of a school theme. I smocked Creative Keepsakes' Petal Peddlers and my Mom constructed this cute Carol pattern from Children's Corner. Red saltwaters and a made-to-match bow and MG was good to go!)

4 comments:

Julia said...

The first day pics are adorable and once again you made such a sweet outfit. Wish I had that kind of talent! Glad she had fun.

Julie said...

Love the dress! So glad the first day went well. Still can't get over how fast she is growing up!!!

Bebe said...

Love the new backpack. Love the new dress and bow, but mostly love that sweet smile and my big girl. Margie Grace you can tell me all abbot your first day when I get home.
Bebe

Cherilyn said...

I love it! She is so adorable!