I started this lovely bishop last summer and like a lot of things, had put it away unfinished when fall came and I got busy with birthdays and holidays. I decided to get it out again this spring and finish it so that Margie Grace could wear it to all the weddings we attended/are attending. I am so pleased with how it turned out! I think the color combination will allow her to wear this into the fall and because of the length, I am hoping she can get some wear out of it next year too! (For anyone who is interested, the smocking plate is "Ruth" by Little Stitches.)
Friday, May 8, 2009
Stylish swimwear and a brand new bishop
Each spring, I strike out in pursuit of the perfect swimsuit and cover-up combo for Margie Grace. Said pair must rate equally high in the durability and cuteness categories but without breaking the bank. I'm so excited about this year's find. I happened upon this precious brown polka dotted suit at Target but was disappointed that they didn't have a cover-up to match. I considered not getting it but am so glad I changed my mind. Most children's suits are light colored and I prefer one that won't show the dinginess that often comes from a summer filled with weekends at the lake. I snagged this green cover-up, although it was pretty plain, because I thought I could always spruce it up later with a monogram. I was pleasantly surprised, however, when I got home and found this scrap of brown fabric with my applique supplies -- a near perfect match to the polka dot print on the swimsuit and just right for jazzing up the cover-up. MG loves her new suit and cover up and can't wait to wear them!

I started this lovely bishop last summer and like a lot of things, had put it away unfinished when fall came and I got busy with birthdays and holidays. I decided to get it out again this spring and finish it so that Margie Grace could wear it to all the weddings we attended/are attending. I am so pleased with how it turned out! I think the color combination will allow her to wear this into the fall and because of the length, I am hoping she can get some wear out of it next year too! (For anyone who is interested, the smocking plate is "Ruth" by Little Stitches.)
I started this lovely bishop last summer and like a lot of things, had put it away unfinished when fall came and I got busy with birthdays and holidays. I decided to get it out again this spring and finish it so that Margie Grace could wear it to all the weddings we attended/are attending. I am so pleased with how it turned out! I think the color combination will allow her to wear this into the fall and because of the length, I am hoping she can get some wear out of it next year too! (For anyone who is interested, the smocking plate is "Ruth" by Little Stitches.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The dress looks adorable on Margie Grace! Can't wait to see your next project!
I really love both outfits but the little lady wearing them really completes the look perfectly. Get down get down MG. MOM
Post a Comment